Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I really don't know how to Start

Marions Family
Marions Family Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi new here, 9 weeks ago We moved my 90 yo MIL With late onset Alz.in to our home. I would say she is at Mid stage.

She is ambulatory with a walker, very fast and doesn't watch where she is going. She is also a FALL Risk Just in the last 9 weeks she has fallen twice, once needing to go to er.

as I was the initial care assistant when she first moved in I seem to be the point of her anger all the time. Physical and verbal. I Can't even put my thoughts into words.. We have started the process of getting her into a nsg home but it's not happening fast enough. I want her out of here and I feel angry sad and guilty.. Help

Comments

• LaurenB
    LaurenB Member Posts: 211
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes

I’m so sorry. I don’t have any great advice that will help except that often times PWD can’t control their emotions and may act out towards someone because of communication breakdowns or not liking to be “controlled..”. It could also be an artifact of a prior personality. I hope that you find placement quickly.

• bridges731
    bridges731 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Can I ask you, why did you decide to move her in with you? What was she doing that you just knew she couldn't take care of herself? And why did you move her in with you instead of straight to a nsg home? My mother is 71, mid stage, and I am trying to make some sense of it all. I am struggling

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more