Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

husband 40 yrs old FTD

Alizardcat35
Alizardcat35 Member Posts: 6
5 Care Reactions First Comment
my husband just got diagnosed with fTD , I need help in finding him a place he can go during the day because I need to sleep during the day because I work at night.his family helps out with him right now but its getting to much for them . just need help with every thing

Comments

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 799
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Man, 40 is so young. I'm sorry you're both dealing with this. Do you think he would be able to attend a day program? My husband did ok in the one run by Easterseals until he was too advanced. I would reach out to the Alzheimer's Association helpline to see if they can reccomend someplace near you.

• Alizardcat35

ya I have reached out to them have to call them back . I'm hoping I can get him in to a day program because I think it would help him to be out of the house .

• Jeanne C.
    Jeanne C. Member Posts: 799
    500 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Keep in mind that it may take time for him to settle into the day program. My husband was resitant at first. They gave him jobs (like handing out supplies or organizing paintbrushes) and he eventually settled in.

• Alizardcat35

hi ya I hoping if I find him a day program that I can pass it off as I find you a job to go to because he does not thing anything is wrong with him ,but he does need to got out of the house and have some routine to his day

• FTDCaregiver1
    FTDCaregiver1 Member Posts: 103
    25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

ALizardCat35, so, so sorry about your situation and at 40. Some local PACE programs do have day centers but you have to have your LO enrolled. Also might want to call your local Area Office on Aging for help as well.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more