Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Support

shannonps
shannonps Member Posts: 1 Member
I'm so glad to have found this group. I'm 44 and caring for my 47 yo husband with early onset. We have a 13 yo, and our local alz chapter has no one even close to our age to understand our challenges. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel overwhelmed every. single. day. He starts Leqembi tomorrow, so that's something!

Comments

• Another day...
    Another day... Member Posts: 12
    5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Comment

My husband is 57 . He has FTD. I raised three children with his disease. They are now 16, 15 and 14. You are not alone. I care for him at home and mother also with dementia. It has been terrible. My husbands family dont even don't even speak to me. They did not believe me and abandoned us. I understand. Lorenzos house has support for kids. I wonder if your husband has FTD. Frontotemporal lobar degeneration?

• Catrina_Nash
    Catrina_Nash Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    I am very new to this. I have worked with dementia elderly clients all my adult life. My husband is 48 and was just diagnosed with early stages of dementia. I had to take him to the ER a couple weeks ago and they gave him fentanyl for his chest pain and his PCP thinks that is what really started the memory loss. He doesn’t know where he is half the time and doesn’t even know his date of birth. I’m so excited to have found this group.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more