Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Legal

Stallion2
Stallion2 Member Posts: 1 New
My DH family refused to accept he is diagnosed Alzheimer's and Aphasia, he just turned 66. His siblings are out of state. DH worked for the airline over twenty years and know how to book a flight. He left home while I was in shower, caught a flight out of state. While visiting his siblings they took him to the dr. The next morning, they called to ask if he was home, which I replied he was there with you all. DH drove some one's car over 800 miles, and they reported the car stolen. The police called me from out of state and took him to jail. DH was in jail 3 days; and his siblings won't answer my calls. DH received his SS check. I paid an attorney who got him out of jail, on OR, paid a driver from jail to the airport and a one-way ticket home. DH does not remember anything; DH has a court date right before Christmas. He does not remember seeing his siblings, flying, or jail. I am stressing all day, can't work, can't sleep at night trying to figure out how to get him there plus airfare for court, uber for travel 80 miles and what could happen. I can't work, eat or sleep and just need someone to talk to. No one understands what I am going through.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more