Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

By Ed - An unexpected benefit of the caregiver's article

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

This was really very surprising. A woman read the article, then sent an email to the reporter. She was looking through their wedding album, and came across a picture of my wife and me at their wedding in 1961. She asked him to forward it to me, which he did. I have never seen the picture before, since right after the wedding, they moved about 150 miles from us. Her husband and I played baseball together when in our teens. Our paths never crossed again, and she said her husband is now in a MCF with alzheimer's, and has been there for about a year. While I was thrilled about the picture, I was very sorry to hear about her husband. I'm going to try to get in touch with her, but not sure where she is living.

Comments

• Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 682
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes Second Anniversary

Ed, what a serendipitous event. Perhaps you can go through the reporter to whom she sent the email & photo? At least, start with her email address?

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,408
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions

I believe the reporter would agree to contact her and see if she would want your information or if she would want him to pass her information on to you.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I actually have her email address and her phone number because he forwarded her email to me. But I didn't want to use it and make her think he passed it on to me without her approval. I did ask him to ask her if she would mind if I contacted her. It's been a very long time since I've seen her, and I was surprised that she even recognized my wife and me in the pic.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more