Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New to all of this

Mrs Bates
Mrs Bates Member Posts: 2 Member
Hi, my husband is 59 and was just diagnosed with mild dementia last week. We also learned that he has had a stroke. We don't know when it happened, but I believe it was related to his hospitalization in October of 2022. This is all brand new, and we're still figuring out how to handle any of it..

Comments

• lostinpace
    lostinpace Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2023

I am 56 and was diagnosed in July 2023 with early onset Alz. New to this and curious how other people feeling. ✌🏽

• KnM4ever
    KnM4ever Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    My husband is about to turn 58 in a couple weeks and we just found out he may have EOD, I am 9 years younger than him. His mom passed away in February 2022 from Dementia. He is going to do a clinical trial where he will have MRI and PET scans and a spinal tap. If anything, maybe he can be contributing to help find a cure down the road. We both work full time, together! I don’t know if I would have known he was having cognitive issues, had we not worked together for the last year, kinda a blessing in disguise. I need to start figuring out all the things I need to do and get in order.
  • Lgb35
    Lgb35 Member Posts: 93
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

how are you doing? Have you been able to start getting things in order for down the road?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more