Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

most difficult time in my life

mary jane somnis
mary jane somnis Member Posts: 1 New
first time here, so not sure how this works - i am 73 yr.s old, married 45 years now to my 86 year old husband, who as alzheimers - thought i'd see if i could connect w/ an online support group to share the ups/downs of this "chapter" i'm in!
Tagged:

Comments

• Watson1
    Watson1 Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments First Anniversary

Mary Jane found your brief note from Aug. have you found anything helpful. I am in the early stages of Alzheimer's trying to map my way forward. Started reading Somebody i used to know by Wendy Mitchell interesting how some peoples challenges parallel our own. The forums are teaching me about others and their struggles. I hope you find something useful. Remember we are all in it together one way or another. Be well. Listening.

• TwoRoads007
    TwoRoads007 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    <3 hello I am new to this group just popping in to find more information as to how to educate myself so that I can support my mother
  • Janice Blair
    Janice Blair Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I recently saw a post about a book called the 36 hour day ! It has so much information on all parts of dementia. It helped me through feeling like I was lost. If you want its a great read.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more