Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New to this

Amelia F McNeely
Amelia F McNeely Member Posts: 2
First Comment
My DD is 54 and recently diagnosed with alzheimers. Finding information and resources for folks under the age of 65 is difficult. Plus I'm the parent with a child with alzheimers.
Anyone else here like me?

Comments

• AlzWontDefineMe
    AlzWontDefineMe Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Is there a support group over Zoom for folks who has early onset ALZ?

• spunkykid578
    spunkykid578 Member Posts: 36
    10 Comments 5 Care Reactions

If you find a Zoom support group I would love to hear about it. My DH is 61 and has been diagnosed with early onset of demensia. I am 13 years younger and we have two children. It is all so scary. My husband recently had to retire and I am not sure how we are going to make ends meet. We were living pay check to paycheck prior to this. I do have a retirment fund but for what I gather that will not be mine for long if my DH needs in home or nursing home care. I am trying to be compassionate to him as I know that it is not his fault but I am struggling with how I am going to manage it all. I would like to connect with others that are in the same boat.

• FTDCaregiver1
    FTDCaregiver1 Member Posts: 103
    25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

For info on zoom support groups see the Association for FrontoTemporal Degeneration @ Support for People with FTD (Frontotemporal Degeneration) | AFTD (theaftd.org)

I

• Lgb35
    Lgb35 Member Posts: 93
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

Have you talked to a CELA about your legal affairs? I know 401k has the age of 59 1/2 which our DH are. We are younger than that but could we do early withdrawal as them without penalty if we have DPOA

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more