Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New diagnosis

chrissy1981
chrissy1981 Member Posts: 5
First Comment
Hello I am turning 43 this year. I was diagnosed with MCI in Jan. I was just told I have either early onset Alzheimer’s or TPD. Most likely the Alzheimer’s is what she said. I am waiting on the MRI Pet. I honestly have no savings and no idea what to do about work. How long do you work? I don’t want to spend the last few years working just to quit working and already be at the point of needing cared for. I hope I explained that right.

Comments

• Lgb35
    Lgb35 Member Posts: 93
    25 Likes 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary

hi Chrissy

How did you come out with your pet scan results? You are always welcome to join this chat but we are mainly caregivers. There is another chat for people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. I do understand where you are at with working. I don’t know what your support system is but I would start by getting your legal affairs in order. I would look for a Certified Elder Lawyer to handle this for you. You will need someone to be able to make decisions on your behalf and also make medical decisions. I would talk to an attorney about applying for Social Security Disability. You might also want to look into Medicaid depending on your financial situation.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more