Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.
Mother with Cognitive Decline
justask
Member Posts: 9
Member
Its been years in the making although I didn't realize. My mom's been slowly declining but there is no diagnosis yet. My mental health is titering and feel guilty moving out of town. Its so isolating and I feel terrible for her and very alone myself. My father and I don't have any support right now. I see a therapist but I want to cry all the time. I live where there are no support groups, hours away. Basically no support groups at all except AA. The stress is making me sick.
Tagged:
2
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 699 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 403 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources