Mom on steroids
I recently found out my mom went to an emergent care maybe a week ago and received oral steroids from them. She is in cognitive decline, not diagnosed.
I just alerted her primary md about it. She has had trouble sleeping, mood swings, being more aggressive and more confused. Its a nightmare.
We are suppose to fly out to a family vacation soon but Im sitting here sweating.
I dont know what to do but not sure I can manage both of my disabled parents through airports alone.
Shes not going to bed until after midnight, overworking herself, snapping and having mood swings. Getting mad at everything.
I know some of this is normal for steroids but I walked into the kitchen tonight and a whole drawer had been pulled out of the wall. Seriously? Not sure what happened, afraid to ask.
Now I am sick from stress and worrying about this soon to be vacation, let alone the car ride down.
I cant cancel and I cannot not go. Its too late.
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 699 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 403 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources