Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Vent

DH can make a sandwich, he can dress himself, albeit, inside out and backwards. I cook him breakfast and dinner every day. When I go to the store, he comes along. When I clean the bathroom, he’s by my side. When I take a nap, he takes one with me. Looking at his dinner plate last night, I had to tell him what was what (repeatedly) on his plate, crab cake, broccoli and fries. What’s this white sauce, what’s the red sauce? Ketchup on his broccoli. What is the protein from? He wants to know, cow, pig, chicken. I can’t say it’s beef or pork, it must be the name of the animal where it comes from. He wants dinner now, I told him it will be a couple of hours, so he’s eating potato chips to tide him over. I’m tempted to let him eat at 3, he goes to bed after dinner. Just frustrated, needed to vent. I am able to type this at the kitchen table with him happily munching. He does not ask what I am doing on the iPad. I am grateful, I know so many have it worse than I do at this point.

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Vent away! I just melted some sharp cheddar on tortillas to tied DW over, only because she finished the chips yesterday afternoon.
  • SQBEAR50
    SQBEAR50 Member Posts: 104
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Please don't feel guilty about feeding you're husband early and off to bed. I too do this with my uncle. You need YOU time. You deserve it.

N

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney