Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Got the first of two Pfizer vaccines

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
Someone was saying the injection was pretty painful. I didn't think it was any worse than a typical flu shot. When we got in the car, I asked my wife what she thought about it. She said it was the easiest injection she ever had. It's been about three hours since getting shot in the arm. Neither one of us have any soreness or anything else yet. Of course we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Comments

• DWck
    DWck Member Posts: 18
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    DH received the first Pfizer vaccine last Saturday and has had no side effects at all. He said he didn’t even feel the needle but I suspect distraction contributed as he was chatty with the nurses.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Thanks for the update Ed. I hope to get mine soon. Not sure when that will be. I am in Oregon and the vaccine is here. Just waiting for the drug store to notify me.
  • terei
    terei Member Posts: 567
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes
    My H + I got the first Moderna shot yesterday.   I would compare it to a flu shot also.  No side effects.
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Good for you! Think I’ll be waiting a while.
  • ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    We're scheduled for our first Moderna vaccination on January 19.  I never have a problem with the flu vaccine, or any vaccine actually.

So happy to be getting the vaccine!  I'll keep you posted.

Elaine

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Just an fyi, my 30 yo daughter got a very red sore arm 5 days after her first Moderna shot.  Apparently that's being seen a fair amount. And my partner had a pretty scary fever to 102 on the third night after her Pfizer vaccine.  So it's all still kinda unpredictable....we were glad to have access though.
  • Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    We had the first round yesterday. When the needle hit the muscle it did hurt a little. We had the Moderna formula and no side effects yet. On the way out they gave us an appointment for the second shot.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    It's been about 18 hours since the shot. We both have very mild soreness at the injection site.
  • Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes
    DH got the Pfizer vaccine a few days ago. He said it was no different than any other shot, said it was not sore at all afterward. He got it from his doc; I could not get it because I’m not a patient (only a very few docs in my area have it) but I will ASAP. DH second shot was scheduled at the same visit.
  • Whyzit
    Whyzit Member Posts: 156
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I live in Connecticut and they opened it up for those 75 and older to begin scheduling on Thursday. I finally got through on line Friday and am scheduled for March 3rd. Not speedy but at least we are scheduled.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more