Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

New to forum(3)

For the past 4 months I have been reading all the posts and have finally got the nerve to join. My husband was diagnosed with AD in 2015. I must admit I thought there would be a cure in the near future. Our neurologist was on the "cutting edge" of a cure...a scientist besides being a great neurologist. We were able to do a lot of traveling and enjoying our family and friends. However, I came to the realization that there will never be a cure in my husband's life time. He has the APO 4 gene which makes me nervous about my son's chance of AD. Right now my DH is showing great progression. I am not sure what stage he is...I appreciate all the knowledge that I have gleaned from this site and thank you all for giving me insight. 

Sorry I posted on the wrong place!!

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    No worries, and welcome.  This is an excellent place to share and learn.  Good luck....sorry for your need to be here.  Each journey is the same, but individual.  What's the saying--you're unique, like everyone else?!?
  • Cherjer
    Cherjer Member Posts: 227
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Thank you! I noticed that it says I joined in 2016 but that is incorrect...just joined in 2021!

• janeymack
    janeymack Member Posts: 55
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments

Hello, and welcome! Not one of us wants to be here, but at least we have each other. My H was diagnosed EOAD in 2013, at age 60, and has progressed slowly, until recently. He's now firmly in Stage 5.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more