Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Reaching the End

My DW of 42 years passed Monday from EO. She just forgot how to swallow she had been bed bound for a few months and she was so confused about everything. She passed with her children and husband at her side at home. While the journey was sometimes hard she was still happy until the last few weeks. Gone too soon, yes but she will always be remembered.

Comments

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Firedoggy.  You're so right - she will never be forgotten.  Good that she was at home and with her family at the end.  The loss is always hard even though expected - we're never ready.  Take care and rest when you can.
  • amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I'm sorry for your loss. May the memories you have bring you comfort. She is no longer suffering. So glad to hear she was happy most of the time. 
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Dear Firedoggie, I'm am sorry to hear about your wife. Please accept my sincere condolences.
  • Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I'm sorry for your loss.  Take good care of yourself.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    Firedoggy I am so sorry. I just passed the 43 year milestone and I don’t know what I will do when it’s all over. I  glad your DW was happy most of the way through this. I know you will allow the good memories to dominate your remembrances.
  • anneleigh
    anneleigh Member Posts: 65
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    So sorry for your loss!  We all feel your pain and some of us are right around the corner with you.  38 years here so far married.   Blessings~
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    My condolences on the loss of your wife. May you find peace in the days ahead.
  • Dreamer Lost
    Dreamer Lost Member Posts: 17
    Firedoggy, I am so sorry for your loss. My Dh is also EO, we've been married 38 1/2 years, and not far behind you in this horrible disease.  I'm glad your wife's passing was peaceful with you and her children by her side.  I am sure you brought her lots of comfort.  Take care of yourself now.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    So sorry for your loss. She has reached the end of this long road, and now at peace. I wish you a speedy recovery.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I'm so sorry for your loss but glad you were by her side.  May God grant you peace and comfort in the days and weeks ahead.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Heartfelt condolences on your DW’s passing.  May her memory be a blessing.  I hope the weeks and months ahead bring you peace and relief.
  • Bevy
    Bevy Member Posts: 11
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments
    Praying that the Lord will comfort you and your family during this difficult time.
  • VandyTor08
    VandyTor08 Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    I know we lose our spouses at least a couple of times with this disease.  That does not necessarily make the final loss any easier.  I do know, however, that you will continue to know and to experience the warmth of her presence through her wit, character, and personality that will long remain evident in the lives of those whom she loved.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • manuzito
    manuzito Member Posts: 17

Firedoggy, my condolences on your loss.

I lost my DH 5 weeks ago, he was also with my son and I holding his hands until his last breath.  We were married for 51 years.

Only people that have lost a loved one know how we feel.  

Praying for you.

• ChrisBme
    ChrisBme Member Posts: 19
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments
    So sorry for your Loss and sending deepest condolences!
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Firedoggy.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear wife. Please take care of yourself.

I pray that the Lord will comfort you. May He bring you peace. May the wonderful memories of your dear wife soften your sorrow.

-LT

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney