Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

What about God

From a former unbeliever.
Well HE doesn't heal Alzheimer's but He gives us peace. 

I said God help me stop drinking after 35 years of excess. He did in one night before I believed, went to church or read the Bible. The next year my wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at age 52 and I didn't think much of God.

I had so much peace and love come over me sometimes at night I said who are you.

A friend died a year ago and he had his wife ask me to say something at his memorial.

This is part of it attached. The hardest thing in life is losing a loved one. Sometimes I ask someone if they have lost a loved one - most people have.

I'm not sure this will open but my wife has been seen five times by those who can see through he veil. We were together 49 years, she never judged anyone and I couldn't go a half day.

She couldn't say yes if she wanted water and out of the blue said I just love people. Turns out we all should to Gal. 5:14 the entire law is contained in loving your neighbor.. I don't believe all the Bible as 300 verses say fear God and they ignore what God said their fear of ME is a false teaching of men Isa. 29:13.

This isn't about judging who is Christian; I am but don't go to church due to the judging. Pastors told three people their loved one would go to hell - they won't!

I do believe several verses such as the Kingdom of God is in our midst Luke 17:21.        When the dead rise they will be like the angels in heaven Mark. 12:25.                                 The Father raises the dead and gives them life John 5:21. Why would any of you think it incredible that God raises the dead Acts 26:8.  

I believe all the verses that tell about how much God loves us and I've cried many times feeling loved. I believe God is love (literally), and love does not keep a record of wrongs 1 Cor. 13:5.

In the book Beyond Mile Marker 80, a true story. A man on the operating table from a car wreck where his wife dies sees his wife who died in the wreck with Jesus. The Dr. and nurse in the room see the same thing.

The most overlooked verse in the Bible is Rom. 8:11 HE that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you. This is why I stopped drinking in one night and why Bill who was addicted to cocaine heard the words NEVER WILL I LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU. This is why I have felt HIS love and this is why I try not to judge. God loves everyone of us not just "saved", "born again" Christians. Many Christians don't understand 2 Cor. 13:5 is true.

My wife died in Oct.2011, in 2012 two people I had never seen separately and months apart said your wife and parents are here. I'll leave out details, in 2016 I was asked if I knew Barb because she is with your wife. That is her mother wo died three weeks earlier.

I was told my wife was very beautiful and angelic and asked if I had a drinking problem because your wife wants you to understand she forgives you.

Some religious people think God controls everything. They think God had a reason for the two y/o to drown or the four year old in a house to be killed in a drive by shooting. You are blaming God for murders, accidents, suicides, cancer, Alzheimer's, children to starve,  etc.,etc. stop blaming God, things just happen in life. 

Blessings, and I hope someone finds comfort in this message.

Ron

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your wife.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more