Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Need: Block unknown calls to Android device

DH has a Samsung Android and though I have tried to block all calls (not from contacts) on it, this feature does not work. I need an app (happy to pay) that will perform this function and stay in the background so DH doesn't see it (it will confuse him and/or make him upset). Verizon will only allow me to temporarily block calls to him and their "Call Filter" plus service only allows you to block numbers after the fact. Google store users seem to like Calls Blacklist (Vlad Lee), Call Blocker (AndroidRock), Call Blocker (Fiorenza Francesco), etc. Any recommendations? Ty.

Comments

• BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 838
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Care Reactions
    Could you put his phone on "do not disturb?" This feature (on iPhone, anyway) allows you to choose favorites who are not blocked. Others are. They can still leave a voice mail, though.
  • amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I have a Samsung Android, there is am app called " Call Screener Plus" - it does cost $3 per month, I do not subscribe to it, but you may want to see if it will do what you want it to do.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more