Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Importance of Checking Credit Reports at least Annually

It’s been years since I last posted.  Just completed 5 years without my sweetie.  It’s been both fast and slow and yet I still feel like he is coming home for dinner every day.

My lifesaving alzconnected e-village is never far from my thoughts.  I refer many people and do check the posts occasionally.   

It is difficult to come back into the posting habit.  So many feelings about the journey and loss, thought about my e-friends who never left my side, and the rush of e-love for so many of those who just exist in the electronic world is overwhelming.  While I would love to be able to respond once I post please do not take a non-response personally.  

I felt though that is important to bring this information to the attention of the forum because it might help someone ward off financial problems now and/or in the future.  The link will take you to a Johns Hopkins summary of a study that found a correlation between financial mistakes and early dementia.  Obviously we could have told them!

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/12/02/dementia-finances-missed-payments/

Funny thing happened to me recently.  I missed a credit card payment.  The business day after it was due I called the bank and said I’m such a great customer that they should waive the fees and interest.  I admitted to not opening the bill on time.  The rep said oh yes you are a great customer and I can credit the late fee but not the interest.  He said I was granted clemency on 2 other occasions over the past 2 years.  Flabbergasted to say the least.  Immediately I set up autopay.  The bank did credit the interest after all.  

I’ll keep an eye out and hope that I’m just distracted.

PS  Chaos is doing well.  He’s 13 now.  

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Thank you for posting, Agent 99.  This should be common knowledge.  Many people, including professionals, aren't aware that judgement can be impaired long before there is significant memory loss.  

Iris

• feudman
    feudman Member Posts: 59
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments

Be careful...so many sites will make you open an account...your report may be free, but you could incur charges if you forget to cancel.

www.annualcreditreport.com was recommended recently on a network news program.

Good to hear from you 99...I've been having trouble with my "Cone of Silence."

• w/e
    w/e Member Posts: 1
    Legacy Membership First Comment

I came in for wee peek. I scrolled down. There, I e-found you. One more time.

Hear! Hear! To everything that you have e-said. 

Same here. Not a dead parrot, as of yet.

Kisses and hugs,

the e of w/e

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living