Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

So lonely and exhausted

2»

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Judy, If your looking for connections in Massachusetts I live Wareham and the is one other contributors to this thread that lives on the Cape. We are both members of the same Caregiver Support Group which meets on Zoom the first Wednesday of each month. If you are interested in joining a support group I could put you in touch with the facilitator.
  • Cynbar
    Cynbar Member Posts: 539
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Joe is talking about me! I live on the Upper Cape. Judy, feel free to reach out.
  • LizG55
    LizG55 Member Posts: 151
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

Hi Judy...

No, I am in Florida but I'm from NY and have been up north to Boston and the Cambridge area I loved it up there. I'm really not a FL person, I hate the heat.. where I loved the change in the season, snow (yes I love snow) the colder weather and well, I'm just more of a northern person.

Love the picture of your cat is it?

I used to do rescue work with cats and waterfowl when I lived in NY. I was born there and lived the good life for 40 years. Once I went to Fl everything went downhill. But I'm surely a cat person and the birds too..

It really helps to communicate with others that are living with this situation.. and it's just nice to have friends, period! Sorry you need to be here, but nice to meet you. 

I didn't check your profile before writing, who is the person in your life with the dementia is it your husband?

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more