Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Survived covid

AA really duficult 3 weeks. Somehow as we were both positive we made it thru . I was really sick with fevers, nausea and chills on an d off for 3 weeks. Even an ambulance ride to hospital due to dehydration for me. We are very lucky that they took my DH with me and he sat patiently in a chair with me on stretcher getting IV s and medication, all in a  COVID tent outside the hospital, 20 degree Maine weather. I think I will write a book.. Thanks to a large loving family we are finally symptom free. I pray for all that have or may expwrience this Pandemic.A blessing in a way my DH did not understand it , just that he wanted to be with me. We are blessed he is very agreeable.  Be safe all!

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Hi Ugomimi, I'm glad you are feeling better and you beat Covid! My 34 year old daughter recently had it. The only symptoms she had was loss of taste and smell. Her temperature was normal throughout. She did experience a little tiredness but not much. She is now well and back at work.
    It's good to hear from you. Hang in there.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ugomimi glad you all are feeling better.  Know it was a rough road.  Hope they eventually figure out why some people like my 90 year old aunt have no symptoms and a  49 year old lady I know died.  If they get that figured out maybe it will help them to find ways to treat it better.

Take care

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Glad that you are recovering, I don’t know how I would deal with the illness while taking care of my wife. We had a Covid scare last week, the caregiver we have come in 3 days a week come down with Covid 8 days ago. Fortunately she had not been to our house for 3 days but we still had to quarantine and get tested. We both tested positive, Thank God!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    This is another weird disease. Glad you are feeling better now, and survived. Three of our kids have /had it. One daughter has been sick for more than a month, and is still sick, while another was sick for about 2 - 3 weeks (now recovered), and the other had very mild symptoms. None were hospitalized. Glad we are finally getting the vaccine.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more