Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I am wondering if every one here has gone away!

I don't understand...my connection is nothing near what I am experiencing. Is anyone here at this date? 2021.

Clarkfla

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Hello, and welcome to the forum. Sorry you have to deal with this too. For some reason, things have slowed down quite a bit recently. I have no idea why, but I expect it will become more alive soon. Hang in there.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I should have added, if you are looking for a lot of traffic on a forum, there is one on facebook.  You can search for dementia careblazers to find it. There is a huge amount of posting there, but I find this forum to be more to my liking because I feel more connected to the people here.
  • clarkfla
    clarkfla Member Posts: 5
    Legacy Membership First Comment
    I see now that I was in a different room...chat room is empty. This one is current. Thank you
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    I'm here.  Been fighting with the state over vaccination  priority
  • Donr
    Donr Member Posts: 182
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes
    Fighting the vaccination priority is going on in a lot of states. My governor, Florida, put health care workers first and then the elderly next. CVS and Walgreens are giving shots to people in NH and ALF. This includes employees also.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Hi Clarkfla,

I just went into the chat room and read your messages. I took care of my DH at home for 5 years caring for him was fairly easy the first 4 years. When he got to the point I was not able to give him all the care he needed I had Home Instead come in twice a week to help. The last 6 months I cared for him at home I was taking him to his Doctor weekly for check ups. Not only was the Doctor keeping track of his decline he was also making sure I was staying healthy. The Doctor saw that I was not only tired he knew I did not have the strength to continue giving him the proper care. The Dr did not ever say he thought it was time for placement but as soon as I asked the Doctor he told me he though for my DHs sake and mine placement would be the best thing to do. I respected the way the Dr handled this I think he was waiting for me to ask.

The Dr said he knew I was getting close so as soon as I asked he handed me a package of information he had put together for me with all the information I would need for placement.

You will get a lot of help here just take care of yourself. Hugs Zetta  

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    I'm here too.....the chatroom used to be very busy in the evening. Glad to have you here!
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi,

We're all here.  I tried the chat rooms a few years ago but they went too fast for me.  I'm more laid back and just found I couldn't keep up.  Maybe you'd like the forum better - someone's always here and ready to answer.

• ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Dear Clark,

I find the Spouse or Partner Caregiver Forum of the Alzconnected Forums is perfect for me. 

I read almost every posted topic and everyone who posts in the topic.  I check for new posts in a topic every day.  I recognize individuals, and I am moved to tears, to laughter, I feel so much empathy and I know that I'm learning things I need now and I will need in the future.

Welcome!

Love, Elaine

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living