Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Maybe some of you can use this

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I received an email that I thought might be beneficial to some of you. The links work, so give it a try. Here it is.

Hey there Careblazer,

Most times, when someone with dementia is engaging in a "difficult behavior" such as yelling, screaming, refusing help, etc. it is an attempt to communicate something. Unfortunately, they often don't communicate that need clearly and logically. Their brain has suffered so much damage that they are unable to simply state their need or desire. Instead, they use their behaviors to act it out.

Understandably, this can be SUPER frustrating for you.

In last Sunday's YT video, I shared part 2 of how to get to the bottom of difficult dementia behaviors. When you understand what is triggerig the behavior, you can then start to make changes to hopefully get rid of the behavior.

It's kind of like detective work as you try to figure out what's causing your loved one's behavior. That's why I put together some free worksheets to go along with the videos so you can try it out yourself. I really hope it helps you.

To watch the video click here.

To download your free worksheets click this link: TRACKING DIFFICULT BEHAVIOR (1).pdf​​

Be sure to tune in next Sunday when I interview psychiatrist, Dr. Yasinksi on the 5 things healthcare providers should be asking their patients about. It's SO GOOD and I can't wait to share it with all of you!

If you haven't yet subscribed to the channel, you can do so for free here so you don't miss out.

Wishing you all the best,

Dr. Natali

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care