Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I guess I should feel flattered

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Yesterday we went to get our second vaccine shot. They do a lot of shots, and the nurse who gave us the first dose was there, and she recognized us. Another nurse gave the second injection. When we were through, they wanted us to wait for 15 minutes before leaving. Another large room was filled with people waiting their 15 minute period, so we were put right next to the nurses giving injections. They have curtains they pull shut for privacy when others get injections. 

As we were waiting, the nurse who gave us the first shot, opened the curtain, and her people left to the waiting area. She was standing about 2 or 3 feet from where we were sitting. There was probably about about a dozen others waiting close to us.  Nobody else was waiting for their vaccine, so I told her to take a break. She told me there was nowhere to sit unless she sat on my lap. I slapped my leg, and told her to come on. My wife yelled "WAIT A MINUTE!". Everybody there got a laugh out of that.

FWIW, it's been almost 20 hours since our injections, and this one was just like the first one. Minor soreness at the site of injection. No other symptoms for either of us.

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    smile!
  • A losing hand.
    A losing hand. Member Posts: 44
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Ed, You must still have your charm. lol
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I’ve been hearing that younger people are having more symptoms with the second shot than older people.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Ed,   You and your DW are so cute. You are a good husband. I would love to sit on your lap. Hugs Zetta
  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

This made me smile.

We've not even gotten our first vaccine. I checked the list this morning, its says "in approximately 4 to 5 weeks you'll receive a call." There you have it.

eagle

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

How funny, Ed.   A nice way to end a vaccination trip; with a chuckle.

J.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Ed, I thought I spoke to you about hitting on the nurses . Last week we had to get tested due to a possible Covid exposure, we tested negative. When guiding DW through the check in process at the testing site and helping her with a required change of face mask, the young women checking us in said to me, “I want to find a husband just like you”. Needless to say I was flattered as well.
  • Ed1937

Joe, the last time I hit on a nurse was about 20 years before she actually became one. We've been married 63 years now. 

We also had a mask event. One of our sons went with us, just in case I had a problem, then he could drive. I dropped them off at the door, and told them to wait there until I parked the car. I had all the masks. When I got back, I couldn't find them. It actually took about 1/2 hour to find them. When I found them, our son was wearing a mask, because they were given masks when they went in. My wife, however, was carrying hers in her hand. I couldn't believe nobody told her to put it on! So I helped her with it. But nobody told me they wanted to find a husband like me.

• Ed1937
    Zetta, it would be my pleasure.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia