Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Need some freedom

I know others will understand. I really need to be able to get out when I feel like going out.  I know that having been quarentine due to COVID,  no day program for DH for 1 month and pandemic restrictions is getting to me. I have such mixed feelings about caring for my husband with just about all activities, and needing some adult  interactions and meaningful conversations. Now we are better and things will improve .  I need to feel better to be a better caregiver.. Thanks all for listening!

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Ugomimi, covid restrictions have taken a toll on just about everybody, but I think moreso on people who are stuck without outside contact. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. The vaccine is here, although it is harder to get in some places than others. But things are ramping up quickly. Hang in there. My wife and I just got our second shots the day before yesterday. Hopefully it won't be long for you and the others here.
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

Ugomimi I hear you. Our aide was in an auto accident in January and has been unable to work. I decided to go it alone until she is able to return to work. I’m now doubting the wisdom of that decision. We have no children and no nearby relatives. Friends have their own problems and Covid isolation keeps us all apart. I am lonely for social interaction and Zoom doesn’t cut it. These forums help because I know there are others in the same situation and understand. But this is a virtual community with all the drawbacks that brings. 

I hope we can get our vaccinations soon and maybe in several months some semblance of normality will return. 

Hang in there!

Dave

• Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ugomimi I understand.   Have had extremely low amount of human contact since last March.  Had a very small amount in the summer with mask and distancing.  Never had more than two people at my house ,  just visited either outside or on my sun porch with windows open.

Have for the most part been very patient with this and happy to be a responsible citizen.  Few weeks ago emotionally started losing my patience though.  Especially because I am in the last group to be eligible and that has got pushed back a ways from what they were originally talking.   Kind of had to remind myself, continue to be patient, it will happen, don’t get sick now.  If a person with dementia was living in my house would really be having a harder time I know.  That has got to be extra tough.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more