Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

She's gone(1)

Its bittersweet she is no longer locked in a shell of herself but my DW of 40 years passed away today. She died at home and I was holding her hand so I am thankful for that. Reading this forum helped me get through some tough times and I thank you all. for those of you still weathering this storm may god bless you and keep you strong.

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    (((((((lpodd))))))  Sorry but you know she is in a better place. You being with her was a blessing for you both. Hugs Zetta
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry for your loss. I have a feeling she knew you were there holding her hand.
  • sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 742
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Lpodd, I'm sorry about your loss. I hope you have good support as you start the next let of the journey--finding and reasserting your own identity apart from that of a caregiver while mourning your loss in this year of losses. Please accept support when it's offered.

Diane

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    I am sorry for your loss, may you find peace in the days ahead.
  • ChrisBme
    ChrisBme Member Posts: 19
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments
    My deepest condolences Ipodd!!
  • David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

Ipodd- So sorry. I’m glad this forum helped you on the journey and maybe it will help in this next chapter of your life. People here understand what you’re going through no matter what stage of the journey. 

Now it’s time for you to take care of yourself. I hope you have support from friends and relatives as you mourn and build a new life. Good luck and we would love to hear how you’re doing in the coming months. 

• Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    So sorry for your loss, glad you could be with her at the end, and hold her hand as she passed from this world to a better place with no more suffering.  God's Blessings to you, as you start a new life alone. Richard
  • anneleigh
    anneleigh Member Posts: 65
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    So sorry for your loss.  May you be blessed with Love and support from friends~
  • Bholmes
    Bholmes Member Posts: 15
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments

Ipodd,

I am so truly sorry for your loss. The coming days will be difficult, but please try to stay strong. I am glad you were able to hold her hand.

I am going through a recent loss also and am glad my DW no longer suffers, but I am very lost as to what I am to do with myself. She was everything to me for so long. This is a difficult journey for all that are here.

• Bevy
    Bevy Member Posts: 11
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments
    Sorry for the loss of your wife.  May the Lord bless and comfort you and your family.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Ipodd, I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm happy for you both that you were with her and holding her hand. May God bless you and give you comfort during this time.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    (((Ipodd)))  So sorry for your loss, may you find peace in the storm
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Ipodd.

I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and comfort you.

Please take care of yourself now.

Take care - 

LT

• Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Deepest condolences on the loss of your DW.  Wishing you peace in the challenging weeks and months ahead.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more