Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

God saw you getting tired

My bride of 58 years, still beautiful and loving stopped eating today. She is tired, frustrated, says she is "Sorry for being like she is and wants to go home". We will let go  now as this poem indicates. She is so peaceful in her sleep. When she wakes she'll have ice cream. Her comfort food for enjoyment and relaxing. I promised to walk her to the gate of her eternal home as she feared going alone. All is prepared. Thank you Lord for this little gal in my life. I have kept the faith and my vows.. to death shall we part. I love you forever. My heart is full of you. Despite it's breaking your love will keep it mended!

"God Saw You Getting Tired" 

God saw you getting tired, 
When a cure was not to be. 
So He wrapped his arms around you, 
and whispered, "come to me." 
You didn't deserve what you went through, 
So He gave you rest. 
God's garden must be beautiful, 
He only takes the best 
And when I saw you sleeping, 
So peaceful and free from pain 
I could not wish you back 
To suffer that again. 

- Frances and Kathleen Coelho 

Comments

• LUBY2883
    LUBY2883 Member Posts: 5
    Fourth Anniversary First Comment
    In my heart you will never die!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Luby, I'm sorry.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Oh Luby; how beautiful your love and your tribute.  Warmest thoughts are being sent your way.

J.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

What a lovely sentiment.

Iris

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    LUBY, what a beautiful poem. Brought tears to my eyes. May God bless you and your DW.
  • Bevy
    Bevy Member Posts: 11
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments
    Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful poem. I printed it out to share with family and friends.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you for sharing Luby.  Take care.
  • Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Your story is so much like mine was. My wife of 53 years just gave up, and stopped eating, being a Christian she wasn’t afraid to die, and she knew that I would be by her side right up to the time God sent his Angels to take her home to him, so that she could be healed. It’s been 3 years 7 months now and there is not a day that I don’t think of her, and miss her. When she left she took half of me with her.                   God’s Blessings to you and her,   Richard   

• EllisA
    EllisA Member Posts: 34
    10 Comments Second Anniversary

Thank you for your post.  It is awesome.  I am sorry you and your wife are going thru this.  I was diagnosed a year ago, so far not much affect other than short term memory problems.  Rolann and I have been married 47 years and counting and have both stayed true to our vows.  Although I am not looking forward to this, I know Rolann,our family, and most importantly Christ our Maker will guide us thru.

Please take care and remember He is always here for us. May God Bess each of you.  We are praying for you!!!!!!!  May He bless you both.

Bob Armstrong

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney