Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Maryland in the US

Are there many here from Maryland. If so, what do you see are the issues with the state related to dementia? What do they do good or need improvement? Thanks

Comments

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I've Lived in Maryland since 1957.  Ive always lived "inside the Beltway" .

Im not sure what your question is.  We have reasonably good state regulation of facilities, The office on aging is functional and the   Attorney General is active on elder abuse. 

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Since January I was asked to serve on Advisory Council for Maryland's Dementia Friendly Community Connections. This is a 3 year term for me.  The goal is to improve the lives of PWD and caregivers. As many of you know I live in PA and have done a lot for PA. Since I am moving in two months to MD I also wanted to start changes there. I have been very fortunate to get a few programs started and another one starting in mid-2021 that I can not speak about.

So I don’t want to say I know what is needed as I am not aware of what the direct issues are there yet. While I assume, they are very similar to PA and other places I really would like to hear from those who are impacted. I feel it always best to speak to those in the community so I can truly make the best dessions on what is truly needed.  

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more