Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Mars Rover touchdown today

billS
billS Member Posts: 180
Third Anniversary 100 Comments

Slightly off topic, but for those of us looking for an exciting escape from the depressing reality we face, below is a link to the NASA website which has great information on the Mars Rover vehicle which is set to touch down on Mars this afternoon at around 1 PM Pacific time. There is a link to watch online starting about 2 hours before touchdown. 

Pretty incredible that scientists can put a vehicle full of scientific instruments on Mars. If only they could figure out how to cure dementia.

Comments

• billS

Joe thanks for making it a hyperlink. What code do you use to do that? I tried [url=https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/]https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/[/url] but id did not work. Thanks!

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Joe seems to be the link monitor.....lucky us.

Bill....I thought the rover landed last week. Now I am wondering just what I heard...lol. Thanks to both of you for the link!

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Bill, I do it on my IPad and I think the process might be different if using a computer but here’s what I do:

Highlight and copy the website link in the thread and copy it to the search bar.

Open the website, hit upload then copy

Go back to the original thread, open a reply box and paste in the website link.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Bill, here's what I did. I copied your link, went to word online, started a new document, pasted, then hit the space bar once. It turned into a live link. Then I highlighted it, and changed the size of the type to 16. While it is still highlighted, and a live link, copy it to paste wherever you want the live link to appear. https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/   I think this will work whatever computer you are using. I'm on a chromebook.
  • billS
    Ed, excellent, thank you.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Glad it worked for you.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    So that's what all of the things about the Rover was on TV this morning.  Bet those little green men aren't happy.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more