Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Sort of on topic , Netflix movie

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Thanks, Victoria.   This series is getting rave reviews....I must watch it.

Elaine

• Beachfan
    Beachfan Member Posts: 790
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Thanks, Victoria

Between the snow, COVID and DH in stage 6, (long stretches of inactivity during the day), I have been overdosing on Netflix, library books and podcasts (listening while on the treadmill.)  I binged "Bloodline", "Ozark", "Yellowstone", "The Assassination of Gianni Versace", and have one episode of "The Crown" left.  I usually wait for a series to run its course, then watch episodes back to back to back......... I will put this one on my "list".  

Decided to get some serious exercise in, so I walk the hated treadmill in my daughter's "gym" when I can get away.  There, I discovered podcasts.  Next up is Chapter 3 of "S-Town".  My to-do list there includes "Finding Richard Simmons" and "The Drop Out"  I am open to any and all suggestions.  Much of it is trashy nonsense, but it passes the time and takes my mind off of caregiving.  Whatever works!

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    That looks pretty good. I don't watch much TV, but might give it a shot. Thanks.
  • aod326
    aod326 Member Posts: 235
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments
    I watched it this evening and enjoyed it. Definitely escapism - and how does she keep her hair so straight?? For those thinking it's a series, it's actually a movie, so less commitment than a series!
  • Beachfan
    aod,
    You might enjoy “Penguin Bloom”, a Netflix recent release based on a true story.  1 hr., 35 minutes; no sex, no violence, no foul language.....a nice getaway.
  • Ed1937
    Beachfan wrote:
    1 hr., 35 minutes; no sex, no violence, no foul language....

Then why would you watch it?
  • Kevcoy
    Kevcoy Member Posts: 129
    Fourth Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Not Netflix but over the past few years my DH started watching more and more of the cable news channels.  This started more and more yelling at the television getting him worked up into a frenzy.  What I found that calmed him down a lot was switching to the Hallmark channel.  I mean who yells at sappy love stories?
  • Ed1937
    Beachfan, you really should watch Victoria's link. Plenty of violence, plenty of bad language, and (assumed) sex. Really, it was pretty good.
  • Beachfan
    Not to worry, Ed!  It’s on my agenda.
  • AlyJo
    AlyJo Member Posts: 19
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    I work in with At Risk Adults who are targets of financial exploitation.  I heard this is a very 'for real' movie.  It is on my list to watch soon.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
  • Boxerlover53
    Boxerlover53 Member Posts: 11

Beachfan....since you mentioned Netflix have you watched the series Bridgerton, The Queens Gambit, Virgin River or Schitts Creek? I also just watched the new movie “I Care A Lot” with Rosamund Pike. My DH doesn’t always follow with what’s going on no matter what we watch but I can’t take anymore news!!  Hope you find one of these that you might enjoy! I loved the Crown (love most Brit series/movies) and Bloodline. 

Sharon

• Boxerlover53
    Boxerlover53 Member Posts: 11
    Beachfan.....Penguin Bloom is a winner too!
  • CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    I agree, Schitt's creek is some of the best television I've seen in a very very long time.
  • AlyJo
    AlyJo Member Posts: 19
    OK,.... I watched it and it is a bit far fetched but some of it could happen.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I watched I Care A Lot the other night. It was dramatically extreme (spoiler alert) with the mob angle and the attempted murder.

I am a retired CPA and a Certified Fraud Examiner. In my real life observations and experience, fraudsters (also known as bad actors) gravitate to the money and the easy schemes and the vulnerable populations. 

Seniors, in general, have been a common target for bad actors. Seniors with dementia are a prime target.

Please protect yourselves and your loved ones. Be careful out there.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,776
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Watched I Care a Lot. Thanks for the rec. 
    I am now binge watching Heartland. There are 14 seasons so it is a bit like War and Peace but I am up to season 5 and not bored. A lot about horses that is interesting but maybe not true..who cares. The scenery is beautiful...the acting good and each episode has a beginning  and an end. Also rodeo stuff and a little horse racing and of course romance. No blue language...no sex. Amazing isn't it.
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I appreciate all these recommendations! 

We watch Heartland. DH can't follow a tv show anymore, but he loves the horses and scenery. And the same characters over and over.... with at least some storyline for me to follow. It's familiar to DH, new to me. Win win.

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

We also watch Heartland as DH has a difficult time following movies. He does fairly well with Heartland and likes the characters.  Last week our son told me about Little House on the Prairie on Peacock and so we started watching those again. DH can follow them well enough, which is a plus.

We also watch Hallmark Movies to Go and he likes those. 

If I leave and come back, he cannot tell me what has happened. He has no clue, but that's okay. He constantly repeats the script which has just been said. Not sure what that is about, but I can  ignore this. Thankfully he does not yell.  

• JM1316
    JM1316 Member Posts: 26
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Firefly Lane was very good to watch.
  • sophirolr
    sophirolr Member Posts: 27
    10 Comments
    Thanks, Victoria!
  • emmamom
    emmamom Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments

I heard a lot of good reviews about this series. I think I'll watch it soon.  I like to watch different series from horror to educational. When I read https://www.firesticktricks.com/cinehub-apk.html , I started using cinehub to watch everything. It works well for me and it's great because it has everything I wanted 

• Stella Luna
    Stella Luna Member Posts: 50
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Beach fan, I loved Penguin Bloom, it is a jewel. I could finish watching I care a lot, I get terribly upset when the elderly are taken advantage off.
  • Lgw
    Lgw Member Posts: 115
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes
    My DH watched Bang Theory, 2 and 1/2 Men and and MASH over and over.  Great shows on the 1st run but over and over and the same episode  3 times in a row on different channels gets really old.  Then watch the with the sound off because it is too loud.  Got to love the time in the hospital and REHAB.  Why do I not feel guilty?  LOL.  I do miss him but even when he is here I still miss him.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more