Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Harder than I thought

Last Friday was a difficult time and broke.  When LH woke up at 1am and tried to leave

.  I contacted police and they had an ambulance take him to the hospital.  That hospital sent him to a behavioral hospital to get his meds in order.  

I don't know what to do because they may place him in a memory care center. 3 days later and I miss him so much!  The idea I may not be able to sit on the couch holding his hand at night or have him sleep next to me is almost too much--no, it is too much.  I love him so much.   

Comments

• Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 2,399
    500 Likes 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    It’s hard to have those expected ‘ last times’  ripped away from you when you think you have time to plan for them. I’m sorry that you didn’t get to experience this next step  in a planned manner
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Glopark you did the right thing. Hope you get some rest while he's hospitalized. And hope the staff there can help you plan ahead. It's not failure to decide on memory care placement if that ends up being the best option. I understand missing him though.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more