Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Covid deaths increase

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
We have an uptick in Covid deaths on a week over week basis
Feb 14 1118 Feb 21 1243
Feb 15 939 Feb 22 1378
Feb 16 1811 Feb 23 2404
3 day total Feb 14-16 3868 deaths reported
3 day total Feb 21-23 5025 deaths reported
This not a good trend The Super bowl was Feb 7 so any super bowl bump is still a week off.
Chart below is the seven day average deaths.  You can see the uptick on the far right side.

I will keep an eye on it. 

Comments

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Some states and cities have been opening wide, willy-nilly. In our state, it has become quite political.   Oh boy; the crowds after the super bowl game; like a bizarre movie.. 

New Zealand and Australia have been SO tight; especially New Zealand and their figures are amazingly beautiful.  Good for them; and their citizens are compliant.  Whole different culture.

J.

• Rescue mom
    Rescue mom Member Posts: 988
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Likes

Florida is one of those wide-open states, and as you know, where they had the Super Bowl. I am extremely, very, hugely suspicious of case numbers from the state because of past proven shenanigans with those number.

OTOH, I do trust our local hospital system execs (and have family there) who say the hospital occupancy is lowest since the virus started. They don’t give reasons, just occupancy stats. It’ll be interesting to see what happens around Tampa, where so many parties and events were held outside the stadium, and which is wide open like elsewhere. And we have spring break coming.

The big COVID news now here is how developers who gave big bucks to the governor, are getting special vaccine centers and doses sent to their developments by that governor. Also officials giving family and friends the vax even though they meet no specified criteria. I think that could have been expected when you let “local” individuals control who gets it locally,  with no bigger plan in place.

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    I want to be totally careful. It takes a week of data at least to establish a trend. This is more of a heads up.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more