Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

MCF Chains

There are a few national or multi state MCF or AL chains that have facilities near me.  Some may be franchises. 

Any body have experience with Artis, Leisure Care, Benchmark, EPOCH, Masonicare?  I’m sure there are more, and Amy experience you can share would be helpful. Thanks. 

Comments

• Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Sorry, I have not heard of any of these.
  • Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

David, I have toured a number of MC facilities in my area including a Bridges by EPOCH MCF.  After my research I did put a deposit down at the Bridges by EPOCH facility but to date I have not placed DW. My decision to go with the EPOCH facility was based on the extent they would go to keep residents in place as the disease progressed, patient to staff ratios, activities, etc. 

The other thing that help me make my decision was I met two individuals whose LOs were resident and both gave the facility great reviews. One was a friend from my teenager years who I happen to run into while I was on taking a tour and he was visiting his mother. The other was a neighbor of my brother whose wife was a resident. In the later case this was the third MC facility that this gentleman’s wife had been in and he told me Bridges by EPOCH gave his wife the best care hands down. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more