Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Beautiful lesson of life after death of spouse.

Lills
Lills Member Posts: 156
Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions

This was posted on my Facebook page.  It's beautiful and thought I needed to share:

You can shed tears because they are gone, or you can smile because they lived.  You can close your eyes and pray they will come back, or you can open your eyes and see all that they left for you.  Your heart can be empty because you can’t see them or you can be full of the love you shared.  You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.  You can remember only that they are gone, or you can cherish their memory and let it live on.  You can cry and close your mind and feel empty, or you can do what they would want. Smile, Open your heart, Love…and go on.

Elizabeth Ammons

Lessonslearnedinlife.com

Comments

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Thank you for sharing!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    It's all true. But I'd bet it's hard to do what needs to be done. Nevertheless, very nice!
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

And when she had no idea who you are, and never will, but looks as lovely as ever you go home and scream at the universe.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more