Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I got my first Covid-19 vaccine!

I'd been trying for over a month, since mid January, to get the vaccine.  I even emailed my city councilman.  I finally got an appointment for the next day at CVS.  I filled out questions online.  The shot was barely perceptible.  I have had no reaction after 48 hours.  I already have an appointment in four weeks for the second shot.  This was a Moderna vaccine.  

I feel like I'm being paroled from Covid jail.  Yea! 

If anyone is having trouble getting a Covid vaccine, try cvs.com.

Iris

Comments

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Good for you as I am also waiting to get mine. I am on many waiting list.

• KawKaw
    KawKaw Member Posts: 58
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments

Good news!  I am delighted for you!

It is great you also already have an appt for the second dose.

My spouse and I are still waiting for category 1C to have access before I can make an appt.

My FIL with dementia is eligible, but he is currently thinking he is still in the Navy and expects the Navy to contact him when he is supposed get his.

• zauberflote
    zauberflote Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Likes

Iris, congrats! Parole indeed! CVS is iffy, in that you have to be on the website at 0600, and have to have fast internet and fast fingers. My sister and her DH worked on two computers at the same time when they found a local CVS not fully booked. BIL got his appointments, sis did not: she kept getting "locked out". 

Virginia has just recently implemented a state-wide pre-registration system, which grabbed data from all the cities and counties that had already had them running. I got my first shot 48 hours ago too! I did have a flu-y reaction for most of yesterday, but by evening it was clear that resting had helped. And! DS, who runs registration for these mass events, recommended I "take Dad and be nice". It worked!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more