Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I think I found something worse than forgetting

This morning my DH just watched me as I get him up/changed/and in his chair.  I asked what was wrong and he continued to stare at me.  As I got him his pills and breakfast he point at me and said, "you."  I asked if he know who I was and he shook his head no.  So I just figured out what is worse than forgetting things and that is being forgotten. Cheers, Leslie

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear Leslie,

I am so sorry I know that has got to be hard. Do you think this might be just a temporary thing and his memory of you will come back?  I hope he is a gentleman and understands you are there for him. This happens often but I think at times it comes and goes. When my DH was in MC sometimes he knew I was his wife and sometimes he though I was one of his caregivers. Hugs Zetta 

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    I'm sorry, Leslie. That must be one of the hardest things you've ever heard. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • JM1316
    JM1316 Member Posts: 26
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments

So sorry Leslie.  I am not looking forward to that either.

Dottie

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

That has to hurt so very much. I'm so sorry. This disease is simply unrelenting in the hurt it causes. I'm so sorry. 

eagle

• loc3762
    loc3762 Member Posts: 15
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Thank you all for your understanding.  It does hurt and I cried silent tears all day.  Just got husband settled again and instead of  "You" he called me "Hey."  Not sure if I've moved up or down the ladder.  Just wanted to say that I appreciate all you of you.  I think outside of this room people just don't understand.  Leslie

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more