Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Chat rooms(4)

Potsie
Potsie Member Posts: 45
10 Comments Second Anniversary
Does anyone ever use the chat rooms?? I would like to visit with others there. Sometimes I have the need to connect and just chat.

Comments

• John_inFlorida
    John_inFlorida Member Posts: 51

Hi Potsie, I feel the same way, but almost never see anyone there. I usually get on in the morning while DW is still sleeping.

I like the message boards but sometimes seems like it would just be nice to chat

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I check every so often as well.  I think I'd like that too!
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,307
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    When I first joined the forum the chat rooms were well used.  I tried a few times and enjoyed them but they move super fast. 
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Maybe some of you could discuss a time and then meet up there at that time.
  • John_inFlorida
    John_inFlorida Member Posts: 51
    I usually check in between 6 and 7 in the morning before things get going here at home
  • Nowhere
    Nowhere Member Posts: 272
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments
    I’d also like to chat in real time. If any others are interested we might set up a time/day? I’m on the West Coast  (PT). I prefer evenings but could meet most anytime.
  • piozam13
    piozam13 Member Posts: 72
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    I would be happy to be in the chat room in the pm/evening.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I used to chat every evening.  It is a good idea for someone to post that he/she will be in the chat room from 5-5:30 pm PT (for example) and wait a bit for others to arrive.  

If you say simply "the evening" that covers a lot of hours and time zones.  It's better to be more specific.

Iris

• piozam13
    piozam13 Member Posts: 72
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments

Thanks Iris.  Now that DH is gone - I've got the time and would be happy to chat with anyone.  I'm not as knowledgeable - but I can listen.  I'll be in the chatroom 7.00-900 pm central time.

• nancyj194
    nancyj194 Member Posts: 173
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I used to frequent the chat rooms when I first joined and enjoyed the conversations.  Sometimes the conversations do move fast, but it is still fun to be there. I've not gone in since I came back to this site. I do remember we were all there at a certain time of day, probably late afternoon or early evening.  When someone gets on in Florida in the morning, I am two hours earlier in Colorado, so still in bed.  I agree it works best to set a time, depending on which time zone we live in. 

Happy chatting!

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I chatted with a few members tonight.  I hope you all who are interested will continue.  We used to have 8-10 chatters, sometimes more.  

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney