Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bermuda Triangle

I need prayers. My 91 yo father is going to have to adjust to using a wheelchair, not any easy task, he's used to going when and where he wants. Thankful he does have all his faculties. However, my brother and I will be forcing him into "training wheels" this weekend. Either that or he will take a fall, which is far worse. I need to take DH with me, and DH is not a happy camper about staying away from home for more than a day. He gets nasty in the evenings (sundowning...)  Then all my grandchildren live nearby my fathers house and they won't understand why Grammy does not have time for them while she's there for a few days. One in particular I speak with daily, autistic, was born at 23 weeks, and she will be 13 next month.  I feel like I'm being pulled apart.  Those of you who pray, I would very much appreciate saying a prayer for me and my family.

Comments

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 848
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Dear amicrazytoo, my prayers are with you as you head into this stressful situation.  I understand your feeling of being pulled apart.  It hurts!  Of course you want to spend time with your grandchildren, and take care of your DH and try to keep him comfortable, and convince your father he needs a wheelchair.  So much on your plate right now!  Hugs and prayers are with you
  • 2 Young
    2 Young Member Posts: 45
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Praying for peace and grace to carry you through this difficult “triangle.”
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Prayers coming for you, Jill. You have way too much going on.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Prayers for you dear.

May God give you strength. May He comfort you. May He grant patience and understanding to you and your loved ones.

God bless you.

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

The following prayer was shared with me by Pastor Dean Busboom at Riverbend Church in Austin. It brings me comfort.

Heavenly Father, help me better understand and believe I can do what You ask me to do. Forgive me for the times, even now, when I question Your judgments.

As I go about the many daily tasks of caregiving, give me energy.

As I watch my loved one oh-so slowly walk across the room give me strength.

As I answer his/her repeated question just one more time, give me patience. 

As I look for solutions to whatever is the most recent concern, give me wisdom. 

As I reminisce with him/her about the “good old days,” give me a moment of laughter. 

As I get to know my loved one in a new way, seeing both his/her strength and frailty, give me joy.

As I sit beside my loved one’s bed waiting for his/her pain medication to take effect, give me comfort. 

Lighten my burden, answer my prayer, and give me the strength to do what so often seems impossible.

Give me a quiet place to rest when I need it and a quieting of my anxieties when I’m there. 

Change my attitude from a tired, frustrated and angry caregiver to the loving and compassionate one I want to be.

Remain my constant companion as I face the challenges of caregiving and when my job is through and it’s time for me to let go, help me remember he/she is leaving my loving arms to enter your eternal embrace.

In the name of Christ, I pray.  Amen

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Sending prayers!
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments

Saying prayers for you and your family.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife