Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

easy shoes and easy belt

caberr
caberr Member Posts: 211
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
I'm sure some of you have figured this out already but I'm so happy I found these easy on shoes and belt,

Kizk shoes....kizk.com I got sneakers for my husband. They have ties but don't need to be undone (unless they need to be tightened) and the heal pops up on its own after he slides his foot in.  Took a few times for them to "break in"  but he really likes them.  

Belt.....no buckle elastic belt for men and women from Amazon.  My husband still likes to wear jeans but the belt has started to become a problem,  This belt snaps to the belt loops in front of the jeans on either side so there is no buckle.   No more having trouble buckling the belt and easier to use the bathroom.   I put the belt on for him in the morning and he doesn't have to do anything with it all day.  He wasn't sure at first but after a couple of days he likes it.  

Just thought I'd share these small but helpful items in case anyone was interested. 

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thanks for sharing caberr. Its always good to hear when products help the day to day tasks.

A product that we use when it comes to shoes is Lock Laces, You use them in place of regular tie up laces. They are elastic and have a slider to loosen or tighten the fit. I have bought several pairs for my husband and also for my mother. 

I am transitioning DH to elastic waist pants. Zippers and buttons and buckles are a thing of the past in his pants wardrobe.

Thanks again for the tips.

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211

Thanks for that information. I am going to look into those. 

I can see it coming,  jeans will be a thing of the past. 

• eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Yes, thanks for sharing. Its always good to know of products others have found helpful.

I'm going to look into the shoes.

eagle

• French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

Belt has been more and more difficult for more than one year.the buckle is not the problem. The problem is that he removes it and is unable to put it on after.

As these last months he took some weight, the trousers don’t fall, so I decided to hide the belts. For the moment it is ok. My idea is that if he lose weight again, I will sew elastics in the trousers waist with buttons to adjust size as we have for children. Buttons shouldn’t be a problem, he doesn’t use them and put his trousers without unbuttoning them.

For shoes, he is still able to do is ties them but the hiking shoes. Last time at the shop, I remarked that now they propose shoes with both ties and zipper even for adults. It will certainly be useful.

• anneleigh
    anneleigh Member Posts: 65
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Thank you for the ideas...........going to check into the belt solution!
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    caberr wrote:

Kizk shoes....kizk.com 

The website is kizik.com.

Iris

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Good thread. Thanks.
  • French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Thanks iris for the internet site. I certainly can’t order them in France but I will ask my brother to buy one pair when he will be able to come and visit us in France... soon I hope. We are missing him, his wife and our nephew.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    I put Lock Laces on DH's shoes. He usually wears Crocks though. He even has a winter pair that is furry on the inside. All his pants and shorts have elastic waists. Belts became a challenge, then zippers, buttons and snaps.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more