Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I lost my COVID weight

I gained a lot of weight after the lockdowns; fortunately I have been able to lose it.  I heard on the radio this morning that people have gained 30-40 lbs on average!  This is terrible!  As if COVID were not bad enough.  

Also, I took my second COVID vaccination today.  After two more weeks, I'll be out of COVID jail. 

Iris

Comments

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Great for you. I get my second in a two weeks. I will soon be free.
  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Some people are wary of side effects from the booster second shot.  I don't look at it as side effects, but as evidence that my body's immune system is responding as expected to the COVID challenge.  

About 12 hours after I was vaccinated, I began to experience chills and low grade fever, body aches and GI rumblings.  I slept poorly.  I couldn't eat, taking only water.  After about 18 hours I felt better enough to have some soup.  By the next morning (today), I felt back to normal.  

This post-vaccination syptomatology was bad enough for 24 hours; I definitely don't want to get the full COVID illness!

Some people take acetaminophen to avoid reactions, but I did not.  I did not want to impede my body's full response to the vaccine.  

Iris

• tjrjr
    tjrjr Member Posts: 14
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Comments
    I have put on 35 lbs since November and finally started to lose a pound or two this week. DW and I get first COVID shots Wednesday. Hopefully the world can get back to some since of sanity before the mental stress becomes overwhelming.
  • KawKaw
    KawKaw Member Posts: 58
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments

Congratulations!

I am pleased on your behalf.
    Hooray also for getting your vaccinations!  The world will be opening up for you soon.
    I am eligible, but there are no appointments to be had.  Our main distributor was out of vaccines for over two weeks and is just now slowly ramping up again.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more