Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

First Excustion after Covid.

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

I took DW to the optometrist.  It was sort of test run to see how she functioned.  We are both fully vaccinated so she could go out no problem.Her hair is longer than it has been since 1975.  She looked lovely.

We had appointments and they were waiting for us. Told the optician she could not help but do his best.  He adjusted all her glasses.   Then we did a drive by at ARBY's  which was the first place I took her and the other new honors students  51 years ago.  ( I was the program tour guide)   Took a chocolate milkshake for her and DD#1 to DD#1 House  We sat in the driveway and DD#1 showed off her 1 year old.    Had a nice "visit" but no recognition at all.  DW did smile at the "baby".  She likes babies. 

A little trouble getting her in the car, more task confusion than opposition  and took her back to MC. They were shift changing so everyone gave her a hug.  She is so pleasant that she is very popular with the staff.

I went home and Cried.   I ate some Girl scout thin mints.

Comments

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary

Crushed, 

Having just polished off the Toll House cookies our aide made on Friday, I can relate. I also had the leftover chicken Parmesan stuffed bread from that night. All in addition to my usual breakfast of oatmeal with fruit. At least that was healthy. But binge eating doesn’t help get over the everyday losses that are taking our LOs. I am having a bad day and don’t want to drag you down with me, but I understand and I’m with you. 

My DW’s hair is still mostly dark brown with natural gold highlights. Her few silver hairs are mostly at her temples and hidden by the length. As with your DW, her hair got really long during isolation, and along with her unintended weight loss, she looked a lot like she did when I met her in 1975. It makes it all worse somehow.  

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    My binge yesterday was three pieces of buttermilk pie. Today has been a bit better because I was outside weeding for a while but now that I'm in the house for an hour I'm already irritated and gritting my teeth again.....and she can't help it, I know.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I’m sorry Crushed.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia