Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Today’s catch

David J
David J Member Posts: 479
100 Comments Third Anniversary

Went couch fishing this morning and hauled in:

Eight partially consumed Diet Coke bottles, two napkins, 6 crumpled paper towels, one Depends (unused, thank goodness), two dog toys, a bar of floral soap, Magnum ice cream wrapper with wooden stick, but NO COINS!

Comments

• banpaeng
    banpaeng Member Posts: 66
    10 Comments Second Anniversary

Understand.

I have to go check the woodpile outside every two to three days.  For some reason I find paper towels there.  Usually more than a couple.  Usually know when to look when wife is sweeping the yard.

Funny but true.

• Paul&Me
    Paul&Me Member Posts: 21
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    I can't imagine the couch that was collecting all this. I've found unused Kleenex, trail mix, and buttons. Not much at all.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Now I am afraid to look.

Here's a flashback to my younger days. I worked as a waitress, as did many of my friends. We all operated on a cash basis most of the time. Many a day, I would dig into the sofa cushions for gas money and grocery money. It is amazing how far I could make less than $7 stretch at the grocery store.

• CStrope
    CStrope Member Posts: 487
    100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    That is one amazing (And Large) couch!!!!
  • aod326
    aod326 Member Posts: 235
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments

My mind is boggled at the thought of a sofa large enough to hide 8 Diet Coke bottles! I once took a photo of the 5 half-finished soda cans that were on the coffee table, all of which had been opened that day. It frustrated me that he'd do that, but I'd decided it was one of those battles not worth fighting, and just made sure I had loads of soda in the house at all times.

After DH moved to MC I found over 50 (unused!) dog poop bags, all over the house! It's good to be light-hearted about some aspects of this awful illness. 

Happy hunting!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney