Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Lewy Body Dementia(1)

JJAz
JJAz Member Posts: 285
Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments

For any spouses who are caring for Lewy patients or Parkinson's Dementia, please check out the online forum   https://groups.io/g/LBDCaringSpouses

Comments

• anneleigh
    anneleigh Member Posts: 65
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Thank you.  DH had Dr appt on Monday and Dr said he did have ALZ, but had underlying areas of LBD.  Now I am searching how this may be different for DH.  I always want to learn as much as I can.  4 years now and Dr said he is declining further.  Waiting to get approved for the forum.
  • lqadams
    lqadams Member Posts: 51
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments 5 Likes
    I went to LBDcaringspouses as suggested.  Why  is there a requirement to "apply to the forum" and is there a cost? This doesn't seem  ethical.
  • JJAz
    JJAz Member Posts: 285
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Comments

lqadams,

There is no cost at any point to participate in the Lewy Body Caring Spouses online forum.  This is an all volunteer group, but we require new members to apply and be accepted.  Many forums have this requirement, and it's not unethical.  If you aren't comfortable, with this requirement, then you shouldn't apply to be a member of the forum.

Blessings,

Jamie

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living