Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Happy Mother’s Day

Whyzit
Whyzit Member Posts: 156
Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 5 Likes

The big day finally came—two weeks after our second Covid vaccination. Yes, we finally got out to, you guessed it, WalMart. We went in by the same door we had always gone in only to be turned away because it is now an EXIT ONLY. 

Off we go on our motorized carts to find new slippers for DH. Not much selection this time of year especially for size 13 but we found 3 pair that might work. Hard to know when they are tied together with plastic cords but hey, they are only slippers. DH couldn’t decide which pair to buy so I said put them all in your cart and we will decide after we buy our fishing licenses. 

Vroom, off we go to sporting goods to get our new fishing license. The desk we always had purchased them at was gone. We vroomed our way up and down each aisle and didn’t see a soul to help us. OK, vroom over to customer service to see if they had licenses there. Nope, you have to go to hardware and it is self serve. We vroomed to hardware and found a desk with a computer on it that looked like it was no longer in use because there was lots of stock piled all around it. Oh well we will go elsewhere for the licenses.

Decision time on the slippers. DH made a choice after much discussion and thought. Yea! So I left the extra two pair of slippers right there in hardware next to the self service computer. (I was getting tired of vrooming.)

Now off to the pharmacy area to find replacement feet for my walker. Those tennis balls on the walker are just too hard to use and the original feet are put away safely someplace in our apartment. I’ll no doubt find them tomorrow. But hey, WalMart had the replacement feet so I am happy. While I was looking for the feet DH was looking at other stuff.

Time to leave. Vroom over to checkout and DH decided he would pay. So I went ahead to be out of the way and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally DH came and said “she wants to talk to you about the slippers “. So I vroomed back to the register and the clerk told me she couldn’t ring the slippers up because there was no ticket or label on them. I thanked her and we vroomed ourselves to the exit that used to be the entrance.

Back in the car, DH handed me a card in a pretty pink envelope. Happy Mother’s Day he said. He had found the card while I was looking for the walker feet. He was so proud. What a sweetheart he is. It is a month early but hey, today is Mother’s Day in our home.  

Comments

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Very cool! Happy Mother's Day.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    that is very sweet whyzit.  Love endures!!
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Hi,

What a lovely and funny post.  I can just imagine how you felt finally being able to go to WM. I haven't yet but hope to get to the garden part next week - maybe.  Sounds like things have changed in your store - probably in ours, too. 

What a sweet husband you have - bet he was so proud to be able to give you the card.  That's one you will always remember.  Glad you enjoyed your trip and all the vrooming.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

This is the one Mother's Day you will never forget and the one card you will treasure always.

Thank you for sharing.....

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

The part about the Mother's Day card brought tears to my eyes. What a dear and thoughtful man! What a wonderful memory to hold on to. I love reading about the magical moments.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful story.

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

What a sweetheart he is! Thanks for sharing with us! 

Next time I see a couple vrooming through Walmart, I will definitely think of you two! Happy Mother’s Day to you.

• Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

It's always five o'clock Somewhere   !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney