Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

J&J vaccine

J&J vaccine is being investigated regarding blood clot complications in a small number of recipients.  There is a condition called antiphospholipid syndrome aka Hughes Syndrome, that causes mini clots and spontaneous miscarriages.  It is very rare.  I have this condition.  My hypothesis is that some women with this pre-existing syndrome could be susceptible to complications.  I hope that someone who has contacts with J&J vaccine authorities could pass along my hypothesis.  

Iris L.

Comments

• KawKaw
    KawKaw Member Posts: 58
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments

Certainly seems like a credible path for an expert to explore.

I have no contacts who have contacts in that field, else I would forward it on your behalf.

Spouse and FIL were scheduled to receive the J&J vaccine tomorrow evening, but it is on hold.

It is the only vaccine available in my rural area.

I will be driving back to a county hub two hours away in 10 days for my second Pfizer dose.

FIL would not be able to make that trip, unfortunately.

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Apparently the authorities have already deduced that the clotting complications are an immune-modulated clotting disorder seen in young women.  Most likely males have nothing to be concerned about.  But in all cases, consultation with one's PCP is important if a person has a pre-existing clotting disorder.  

Iris

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney