Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

OT - Post Covid Clinic

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
One of our daughters has been fighting symptoms for more than four months, and someone told her that Northwestern had a clinic in Chicago for people like her. She called to see about an appointment. After two or three days she finally got a call from someone who handled appointments. She could get one ------- on Dec. 20! I had no idea there were that many people with prolonged symptoms.

Comments

• caberr
    caberr Member Posts: 211
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Oh wow...I'm so sorry she is having problems.  I've heard of long term symptoms.  Hope she can get some help sooner than Dec 20
  • Ed1937
    Thank you for the links, Crushed. And thank you, Caberr.
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Sorry she is having such a tough time Ed. We still have much to learn about this virus, that's for sure.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,671
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Ed so sorry to hear your daughter is dealing with this.  Don’t know if your daughter has had her vaccination yet or not.  Reading from reliable resources that a significant number of people with long term covid are having symptoms to improve or completely resolve post being vaccinated.  This has been a very unexpected occurrence. 

• Ed1937
    Sayra wrote:

Ed so sorry to hear your daughter is dealing with this.  Don’t know if your daughter has had her vaccination yet or not.  Reading from reliable resources that a significant number of people with long term covid are having symptoms to improve or completely resolve post being vaccinated.  This has been a very unexpected occurrence. 

She had her first shot about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if she got the second one yet. So far it hasn't made a difference for her. 

But I guess you could say she was lucky. She had very severe respiratory problems long before Covid. After going through 2 or 3 surgeries, it became more bearable, although she still has symptoms. But Covid did not make it worse for her. If it did, I think she would have died.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more