Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

VENT: On a crappy morning (like today)....

My home fragrance is ever changing from strong smelling poop to PineSol. So far today, the fragrance has gone from poop to PineSol, then poop to PineSol, then poop to PineSol. Its just barely 10 am.

Where does all the poop come from?!

DH is having hemorrhoid issues again. He is in great pain. I have messaged both the PCP and the Gastronenterologist. DH has had two showers. I am keeping him clean and dry. I have applied OTC Tucks cream. I don't know if that makes the situation better or worse. I purchased a donut cushion yesterday which helps somewhat. DH states his a$$ is on fire. He moans and cries and states that he wants to die. He asks me to kill him. For the record, I will not kill him. DH also states that he does not want to eat food anymore presumably because he doesn’t want to poop.  

If it makes a difference, DH transitioned to disposable underwear about 2 weeks ago. Could the change in underwear be contributing to the hemorrhoid problem?

This is unbearable for both of us.

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

"Apply an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone, or use pads containing witch hazel or a numbing agent"

Dick used a prescribed cream....came in a tube.

• Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,308
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Is the disposable underwear soft or does it have a different texture from what he was wearing?  If so, that might have contributed to the hemorrhoids.  Can't help with what to do for them.  But, I imagine they do hurt.
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 848
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Lady Texan, RectiCare cream or ointment contains lidocaine and is OTC. It will numb the pain for awhile. Your pharmacist may also have some suggestions. The underwear could be rubbing the tender area making it worse.  Having him sit in a tub of warm water for 10 or 15 minutes may also ease the pain a bit. I’m so sorry you’re having so many messes to clean up. And I’m sorry for him, too. Hemorrhoids hurt. I hope his doctor can provide some help.
  • ElaineD
    ElaineD Member Posts: 206
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

I have another area involving my A$$ and the donut cushions are marvelous.  I also have a large gel pad, with a cutout in the proper spot, at the back (not a donut).  This also helps.

There is a whole industry devoted to hemorrhoids and there MUST be something for temporary relief.  I understand there is also surgery if necessary.

In addition I think there are several medications for helping with frequent poop issues.   Ask you doctors about this when they are advising about hemorrhoids.

I cannot imagine managing an adult male with multiple 'poop' problems in one day!  You are truly an heroic caregiver, LadyTexan.  And an amazing wife!

Elaine

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Thanks everyone!

DH is much calmer now. Both docs came through. We will follow the doctor's orders. DH has indeed eaten since swearing off food. He hasn't asked me to kill him since this morning. Thank goodness.

I am awarding myself imaginary trophies for the fine job I did cleaning up the toilets today, doing more laundry than usual and remaining calm and patient with DH, even when I was frantic on the inside.

Thank you all for holding my hand and keeping me sane during a rather unpleasant situation.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    You know we give you at least one gold star!
  • Stuck in the middle
    Stuck in the middle Member Posts: 1,167
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I'm sorry for both of  you.  What a crappy mess!

NASA has discovered that eggs produce very little poop.  That's useful to know if you're an astronaut or want to minimize poop for any other reason.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more