Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

rebuffed sex ask

Last night for whatever reason, DH was quite amorous. He had been in bed since 7 PM, I crawled in about 9 PM. I rebuffed his actions, I felt that we had not had a sexual encounter in such a long time, I just wasn't ready for that. Besides I had taken some Benadryl to help with allergies before going to bed. Today, I'm having second thoughts, should I have honored his request? Was his memory working, albeit temporary. He usually looks to me as that lady that takes care of things, not as his wife. Was my rebuff appropriate?

Comments

• French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary

When you don't want to, you don't want to.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Crushed
    Crushed Member Posts: 1,444
    Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

May I concur 100% ??

no one should ever feel obliged to have sex unless they want to, and if the partner cant understand that,  that fact is an additional support for your action. (unless you like anonymous meaningless sex with anyone )   

(old story) we had a hot thing going but I always asked before I touched her and waited for an  an affirmative response and DW and I had been married for 7 years.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    You did nothing wrong. Forget about it. He probably already did.
  • French
    French Member Posts: 445
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Yes Victoria, you guessed it, my accent is terrible !
  • bubba
    bubba Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Always had good sex

now she is repulsed by approaches

one more thing I have to give up

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

I read somewhere that certain forms of AD have stages where the person becomes aroused and amorous. I am sure the folks on this site will be able to give you more incite about it.

• Denise1847
    Denise1847 Member Posts: 836
    250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

• PookieBlue
    PookieBlue Member Posts: 202
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

DH and I went through that stage. Last night when helping him get to bed, he asked if I was going to sleep with him and I asked him if he was feeling lucky. We both had a good laugh. Sometimes I tell him it depends. Today, Have I been your sister, wife or that cute 30 year old brunette who does all the work around here?

• Delinda60
    Delinda60 Member Posts: 23
    10 Comments First Anniversary

I’m so new to this journey I should probably not even comment. But, I will anyway…lol. I think what ever you decide you shouldn’t second guess yourself. This journey is hard enough without piling guilt on yourself. Also, I’m sure your husband loves you enough that if he was not suffering with this he would totally understand.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more