Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

46th wedding anniversary

Crushed
Crushed Member Posts: 1,442
Tenth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions

This week is the 46th anniversary of our wedding. I have fully accepted that our marriage partnership has been over for almost three years. I brought her cake for the week on Saturday. The sadness is overwhelming.  
1971 I knew her , she was occasionally dating my roommate.  DW turned 19
1981 She was a Physician We were trying to have children.   DW turned 29
1991 She had a marvelous new job, I was a full professor and life was golden. DW was 39
2001 Our oldest went to College and we had a bright future.  DW was 49
2011 The future  had crashed and burned and I was salvaging the bits and pieces  DW was 59
2021  DW has gone and left a shell that walks  and eats but is not her. DW is 69

I  know you all suffer too

Comments

• LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I am so sorry that such a beautiful love story was devastated by Alzheimer's. It is so sad that you and your wife have been robbed of the happily ever after.

My heart hurts for you.

• Joe C.
    Joe C. Member Posts: 944
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Crushed, So sorry you are facing this milestone alone. Hang in there.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Dear Crushed,

You love your wife so much and it shows. Please remember she was a very lucky lady to have someone like you in her life. Be proud of all the love and care you are giving her. I am sure she would be telling you that if she could. Hugs to you both. Zetta 

• Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    I'm so sorry you have to endure this awful disease.  What an amazing love story you two have.  Your love for her is so obvious and continues by being such a wonderful caregiver.  Thinking of you this week and hoping your memories of what was will for outweigh thoughts of what is.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more