Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

A Win For Me(1)

Joe C.
Joe C. Member Posts: 944
Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
I just discovered that I could trim & clean DW fingernails while she’s sleeping & without waking her, WAHOO! Now if I could only figure out how to get her in the shower while she asleep I be golden.

Comments

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Wow!!! Joe,

Thats a big win. She must be a sound sleeper. Maybe you can give her a sponge bath while she is sleeping. There probably is a spray on mist that you just need to wipe off. Its worth a try. Way to Go Joe.  

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    I never thought of trying that, Joe. It’s not that DW resists, it’s that her tremors are so bad that I have difficulty getting the clipper positioned on her nails. The tremors go away completely when she is asleep, so that may be the solution. Thanks for the idea!
  • ButterflyWings
    ButterflyWings Member Posts: 1,752
    500 Likes Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions

Woohoo! What a win! I will be trying that today. 

Yes, now if you could invent that sleeping shower thing, it would make you a gazillionaire!

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Who would have thought that would work? Hang onto that one, Joe. You don't get a win every day.
  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 521
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

You are correct - score one for you. I will say I never would have thought of that. Thanks for sharing your brilliant idea.

eagle

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,711
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    Good on you, Joe.  Every little one helps, doesn't it?
  • June45
    June45 Member Posts: 364
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions

Your win is the sound of me giggling as I picture you bent over your wife surreptitiously trimming her nails.

• aod326
    aod326 Member Posts: 235
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments

It's wonderful when these wins pop up unexpectedly! And so appreciated that you share them - we can all do with cheering up.

A tip for the guys here, though. Filing nails (with an emery board) is much easier than using any sort of trimmer/scissors. Most people find it relaxing - men and women - and no danger of cuts!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more