Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH was declined admittance to the psych hospital due to his acuity level

2»

Comments

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

Thank you for the update. I’m thankful he was admitted. 

PS! Weeds count too.

• David J
    David J Member Posts: 479
    100 Comments Third Anniversary
    LT- After a day or so off the boards, I just caught up with your situation.  I can't add much that hasn't already been said, but wanted you to know I am thinking of you today.  I am not sure I would have the strength and determination you have shown the last few weeks, and not sure I would have survived without being committed myself.  Your are smart and strong, and obviously a capable caregiver.
  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 4,310
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes

Dear Lady Texan,

So glad things are beginning to work out for you and your husband.  Social Workers are God's people for sure. 

Sad that the hospital is 200 miles away but you know your husband will be taken care of and will be getting the treatment you have been hoping he'd get. 

Things will be different for you for sure but knowing he's being cared for you'll be able to rest and recuperate from all you've been through.  Life is not easy and dealing with all caregivers deal with  is so tiring. 

How nice that you found the flower or weed this morning.  Nature is wonderful and now you'll have more time to enjoy and your dog.   You've been dealing with things that have to get done and now you'll have time to enjoy other things.  I know you'll miss your husband but you'll be able to see him from time to time and maybe his placement will be closer to home so you can visit more often.   We've all been saying prayers that things would work you and for now they have. 

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Dear lady Texan, you have been in my prayers you will continue to be in my prayers. I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this nightmare! I’m glad your DH is the psych hospital. There are no wisewords that I could add already been said. Just know that you’re in my prayers and I care.
  • Mint
    Mint Member Posts: 2,673
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Will be praying for you.  I am a lady of faith too and gain strength from nature as you do.  After my dad died had no one to help me buy a car.  When I went to pick up the car I chose, was sitting in a big concrete parking lot and a small butterfly came and sat on my dress.  Had never happened before and hasn’t happened since.  It was special.   Thankful your husband has been admitted.  Hope they can find a way to help him to feel calmer.  You take care.
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    LadyTexan wrote:

A gift from God - This morning I took the dog out in the yard so he could take care of business. A purple flower caught my eye. I think it was a weed actually that had grown through a crack in the patio tiles. Its a beautiful flower. Its a reminder that even though life can be challenging and frustrating and exhausting, there is still newness and beauty.

And that kind of thinking is exactly why you are such a great caregiver. You are able to find the good in things when there seems to be nothing but darkness.

I'm glad they finally found a place for him. And I hope you can get some rest, and not have to worry if he is getting the needed care. No doubt you will be wanting to visit him soon, but use your head when deciding when to go. Give yourself time to recuperate.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more